Thursday, February 25, 2016

TBT: BOOK: Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman

from Feb 27, 2014

Look at this poor book - took forever to read it, loved it, then started reviewing it and never finished. Short review: it was very good, lots a fun, perfect for a Once Upon a Time read (if Carl hosts again) if you like mythology.




Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman, 334 pages

I read American Gods back in March 2007, and then planned to read Anansi Boys because American Gods was so much fun. I got the book three years ago, and then in languished on my shelf. So, seven years later, I read Anansi Boys. Why did I take so long?

American Gods was an epic type book - long, involved, with a created world full of many and varied characters. I think I thought Anansi Boys would be like that, and a book like that sometimes requires a commitment to enter that big world. My bad. This was a smaller book, in length and scope, more of a family drama.