Tuesday, October 3, 2017

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Book Boyfriend

Top Ten Tuesday today is Book Boyfriends/Girlfriends or characters you have a crush on. Head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to see all the other lists, and topics are posted til into January! 

I was going to make a list, but this topic begins and ends with Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables, and that is all I have to say about this topic! I will, however,  offer 5 sources to back up my claim.

I'm not the only one. Here's an article on Why We Loved Gilbert Blythe from the New Yorker, written after the death of Jonathan Crombie in 2015.



Many of these articles were triggered by the death of Jonathan Crombie, and thus refer to the amazing Sullivan adaptation (only the first two series!) that aired on CBC and PBS in the 1980s. However, that adaptation is so pure to the books, that any reference, according to me, is also to the book.

Also, from an Anne of Green Gables site, Why Women Love Gilbert Blythe and Why Guys Should Pay Attention.

So, I could have thought about other crush-worthy characters (and Henry Tilney from Northanger Abbey came to mind) but I'll end with 12 Reasons No Man Will Ever Live Up to Gilbert Blythe from the Date Report.